Welcome to the Healthy Habits link up! This is a new series I’ve created where we can all share our posts about healthy living- fitness, workout routines, weekly exercise recaps, healthy recipes, cute workout clothes, whatever you want! You can even just add one sentence to your post to participate! I’m hoping this will create a fun community of people working towards a healthy lifestyle and will be a place to come together each week and support and motivate each other! This is something I am truly passionate about, and I can’t wait to see what you all share!
So what they always say is true: Those last 5 pounds are the hardest to lose. I’ve lost all of the weight I gained from pregnancy, exceptttt for those darn last 5 pounds. They just don’t want to go away. I gained 25 pounds during my pregnancy, and was surprised to find that literally the day I gave birth, I already had lost a good amount of it- you know, baby, water weight, amniotic fluid, yadda yadda yadda. And I definitely think breastfeeding has helped with my weight loss and also making sure I stay active by at least doing something almost every day. All of these are great and all, but in order to really tone up again (really, it’s so much harder after having a baby!) and lose this last bit of weight, I’ve been brainstorming some healthy habits that I will be incorporating into my every day. In order to stay accountable and to share with anyone else who’s in my shoes, I thought I’d share these goals with you all!
1. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, every morning. It kickstarts your metabolism, flushes out toxins, and just makes you feel good. I’ve already started incorporating this into my daily routine, and have gone from not enjoying it (for some reason the taste- or lack thereof- of water first thing in the morning just wasn’t my thing) to liking it!
2. Set out my workout clothes the night before. If I were a member of a gym, I’d get my gym bag all packed and ready to go, but since my living room is my gym, just my workout clothes does the trick.
3. Have healthy quick snacks in the house that are easy and that I’ll reach for instead of unhealthy ones. Some ideas are nuts, dried fruit, Kind bars (win a box this week!), veggie sticks, and dark chocolate.
4. Yoga at least once a week. I love how yoga centers me and makes me feel more at peace mentally and also physically it takes a lot of strength. It’s just an all around awesome workout that makes me feel good every single time, and so I’ve made it a point to do yoga at least every Sunday, if not more.
5. Sweat every day. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing, as long I make sure to do something that gets my heart rate up and makes me break a sweat each day. I like to mix it up too, so I never get bored. I love following the Tone It Up workout schedule- it gives me something specific to accomplish each day and I just love their workout videos, plus they’re free online! :) I also have a stationary bike that I like to jump on and ride for 30 min- 1 hour each day while catching up on my favorite shows. Do something, anything, every single day.
These are just some easy every day goals that will get me on the right track to living a healthier lifestyle. What are some of the healthy habits in your everyday routine?
The rules for linking up are easy:
– Add the direct link to your post (not your homepage) below.
– Link back to me (either this page or my homepage) in the body of your post- something like “Linking up with Katie Did What for Healthy Habits!” with a link is fine!
– You can add the button above by just copying the HTML in that box and adding it to the body of your blog post.
– Mingle with other linkers and get to know some new blog friends!
This week’s prizes are:
– One week of free ad space to one person who links up!
– Box of Kind bars to another person who links up!
*IMPORTANT: You MUST have a link back to me to be entered to win*