leggings: albion fit (here)
Today I’ve partnered with Quest Nutrition to give away a box of bars to one lucky reader! Details at the end of this post. :)
So in my post about making goals, I included having healthy snacks in your house for a quick bite when you need something good! I thought I’d elaborate on that today and share my top favorite healthy snacks. I like to pick a day (usually Sunday- the start of a new week!) to prep some snacks so they’re ready for me throughout the week when I need to grab something. We’ll buy a big bag of carrots and a bunch of celery, and I’ll cut them up and store them in tupperware in the fridge. It makes it much easier to just grab some carrot sticks and hummus or peanut butter when they’re prepared! And it makes me less likely to want to just grab a bag of chips instead. ;)
- Almonds (or any kind of nut!)
- Fruit (berries, bananas, grapefruit, oranges, kiwi, pineapple, mango, the list goes on)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Celery and peanut butter (a classic combination)
- Hummus (great with veggies like carrots, celery and bell peppers!)
- Quest Nutrition bars (I also love Larabars and Kind bars)
Bars are always a good choice for a healthy snack, too, but you have to be careful and read those ingredients! My general rule of thumb is if I can’t pronounce the ingredients, I don’t want it in my body. This is one reason why I absolutely LOVE Quest Nutrition bars! They are not only super healthy and packed with protein but they’re also delicious! I like to have a bar for dessert when I’ve got a sweet tooth but want something healthy that won’t weigh me down. They have awesome recipes too, for healthy alternatives. And with flavors like chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate brownie, white chocolate raspberry and cookies ‘n cream, it definitely feels like an indulgence!
I’ve teamed up with Quest Nutrition, and we’re giving away a 16 Flavor Sampler Pack of Quest bars to one lucky reader! I LOVE these bars, and I know you will too! Simply leave a comment with what your favorite healthy snack is. Bonus entry for linking up your own Healthy Habits post today. :) Good luck! Giveaway will end next Thursday, 7/24.
The rules for linking up are easy:
– Add the direct link to your post (not your homepage) below.
– Link back to me (either this page or my homepage) in the body of your post- something like “Linking up with Katie Did What for Healthy Habits!” with a link is fine!
– You can add the button above by just copying the HTML in that box and adding it to the body of your blog post.
– Mingle with other linkers and get to know some new blog friends!