Well, Birthday Week is upon us, my friends. My sweet Sophie girl turns ONE this Saturday!!! CUE ALL OF THE TEARS AND EMOTIONS POSSIBLE. Now, clearly this means I don’t have much else on the mind, between planning her party (THINGS ARE COMING ALONG, OKAY) ((but really, I’m excited to put it all together and of course share here!)), choosing our outfits (hers is picked out already, ours are not), figuring out what I’m doing in the cake department (and yes, attempting to make her a smash cake, duh) and getting her a few gifts to open, I’m just pretty much all birthday, all the time.
SO. I thought it’d be fun to round up some first birthday gift ideas for a one year old! You know, in case you are stumped as to what to buy the little one year olds in your life. :) A few of these we have and Sophie (and Sam!) absolutely LOVE, and some are on her own birthday list!
First Birthday Gift Ideas
1. Flora the Flamingo – cutest book you’ve likely never heard of!
2. Moccasins – I mean, every baby needs these!
3. Dollhouse – start her young with this piece that will get YEARS of use!
4. Pizza Set – pretend play is SO beneficial!
5. Wooden Blocks – another classic that you’ll get tons of use out of!
6. Baby Doll – she might still be a baby, but that doesn’t mean she’s not ready to take care of her own little doll!
7. Play Kitchen – a MUST have! Bonus- great storage for toys too!
8. Shopping Cart – another on that kids can grow with!
9. Doll Pram – to go with the doll you got her!
10. Mary Janes – SO cute! Every little girl looks darling in these!
11. First 100 Words Board Book – one of the most classic (and best for learning) baby books around!
12. Divided Plates – make playtime fun for everyone with these colorful, durable, easy-to-clean plates.
13. If I Were a Cat – This is a favorite of both of our older kids!
14. Xylophone – another classic toy that is great for development!
15. Bibs (our favorites!) – gotta have these! The crumb catchers are essential!
16. Puzzle – puzzles are some of the best learning toys babies can have, so get them started with this easy, cute one!
17. Classic Ride On Car (my dad got this for Sam’s first Christmas- SO great!!) – This one is part decor part toy!
18. Straw Cup – they’ll be drinking from straw cups soon if not already, so arm them with some cute options!
19. Mini Cooper – I mean, just look at this and picture a 1-year old in it! :D
And there you have it! Just a few fun items any one year old would be lucky to have! :) And, really, if we’re being honest, the most exciting gift for the birthday girl/boy will be the wrapping/bows anyway. ;)