The weekend, in numbered points, because that’s just how we’re going to do it today.
1. We made fish sticks for dinner Friday night, and Zack (who was raised Catholic) dubbed it “Catholic Friday” because growing up they always ate fish on Fridays. We also had broccoli on the side (which was more like my main, because I love the stuff) so it was healthy, don’t worry. Oh! And I made tartar sauce, which is really really easy to do. Literally, mix some mayo and pickle relish and a few squeezes of lemon juice and bam. Tartar sauce. Who knew?! (Don’t answer that.)
2. We also watched another Lifetime movie because apparently that has become our Friday night tradition now. This one was actually really intense and we weren’t laughing as much as we like to do with Lifetime movies, so. I guess we should research them before tuning in. It was called “Blue Eyed Butcher.” Let’s just say, it was a downer.
3. Saturday was just dubbed “Bike Ride Saturday”! We rode to Trader Joe’s, because that is the best way to get there. We got a few necessities, i.e. kettle corn (you saw that one coming) and brie (my fave) and of course a fresh baguette. Riding home on my bicycle with a baguette sticking out of my basket had me feeling very French, let me tell you. And I liked it. A lot.
4. Sunday was the most perfect day! It was 84 degrees and sunny which instantly means I’m in a good mood. I made an AMAZING new recipe for dinner that I will be sharing this week on here, because it is seriously too good not to share. Quinoa tabouleh. YUM. Get excited for the deliciousness that is to come- yummy, filling and super healthy! The best combination!
5. Oh, I also made a lemon cake this weekend. Just ‘cus. And it was incredible.
6. Today is Monday, so smile and make sure to be nice to everyone you meet, k? You never know whose day you’ll brighten! :)
What was your favourite meal you’ve eaten lately? Any fun weekend stories to share? Wanna come over and have a piece of lemon cake with me?