This “Flavor Your Adventure” post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. For more snack ideas to “Flavor Your Adventure” this summer, visit Blue Diamond Almonds on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Can you believe summer is already halfway over? It seemed I blinked and here’s August! Once August hits, I feel summer is dwindling down. Maybe it’s because Zack is a teacher and goes back to work in the beginning of September. Whatever it is, once August hits, I go into panic mode. Must. Do. All. The. Summer. Things.
We’ll definitely be sure to bring some summer must-haves along with us on all of our adventures. Sunscreen, sunglasses, water, toys for Sam and a bunch of snacks. Blue Diamond sent over some lightly salted almonds, which I’ve really been loving.
In the spirit of savoring all the summer that’s left, while I can, I thought it’d be fun to share our August/End of Summer To Do List. Because “Bucket List” is too morbid.
1. Road trip down the coast to Southern California. To get our beach fix. Also, my brother lives there, so a free place to stay is added incentive!
2. Pool days. It’s been like 100 degrees every single day this week. More pool days are necessary.
3. Day trip to San Francisco. We live so close and we still haven’t taken Sam, so that is a priority. Plus it’s always like 30 degrees cooler there.
4. Baseball game. We can’t leave the quintessential American summer pastime off the list. Especially when we have a AAA team right here in Sacramento!
5. Picnics in the park. On days when it’s not 100 degrees, this is one of our favorite free activities.
6. Splash pad. Sam is such a water baby, I know he’d just love going to a splash pad. And I know I’d love to see him running around giggling in the water.
7. Boating. My dad just got a boat and he lives near a lake, so we’re really excited to go out on it. And swim. And cruise. And paddleboard. It’s become a new summer tradition for us.
What are some last-minute summer adventures that you’d like to squeeze in?
We love summer! Our house is pretty much in the middle of no where but we ALWAYS have fun things to do: four-wheeling, swimming in the creek, nature hikes, fishing… I can’t believe I hesitated to move out to the country when my husband suggested it ☺️ Our kids are water-babies, too, so we spend a lot of time at the in-laws lake house. The kids are finally big enough to tube so that pretty much holds us hostage the entire day. ????
Ahhh I love country life!! So fun! :) My grandparents live on a farm in the country, so growing up we got to do fun things like that- LOVE it! Makes for such great childhood memories.
Good luck with your list!
It’s been so hot here so it makes it hard to do outside stuff too.
Ugh yeah, the crazy heat is the worsttttt. Thank God for A/C on those days! ha!
I’m just dying to get to the beach at least ONCE this summer before it’s over! Hopefully in the next week or so.
Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun things planned for the rest of the summer! Enjoy crossing them off your to-do list :)
Just wanted to let you know that I just found your blog and love so many of your pieces. What a lovely corner of the Internet you’ve created! Looking forward to reading more.