so the groundhog saw his shadow this morning. i think that means six more weeks of winter, right? well, i’m happy about that, since we haven’t really had much of a winter this year really. i think that’s a good thing. then again, i’m basing this meteorological prediction on a rodent. what do i know.
this morning went a little like this:
01. alarm goes off. hubs gets out of bed (it’s 7 am at this point), kisses my forehead (yes, he does this every. single. morning. and for good reason. i’m not sure what i would do if he didn’t. even if i’m out like a light, i somehow think i would know, instinctually, deep down in my soul, if he didn’t kiss me. and i would probably wake up quite grumpy because of that.)
02. i stay in bed for another hour. on accident. oops.
03. finally roll out of bed, feeling a tinge of guilt for having “slept in,” and make myself a hot chai tea latte and some granola.
04. walk into the office, where hubs is diligently working at his computer, and plop myself right into his lap and plant a biiiig wet one. did i mention i have already brushed my teeth at this point? i feel that’s important to mention. yeah, we’re married, but that in no way means i’m ever going to share morning breath with him. ever. remember when you’re dating someone and you wake up earlier than them just so you can freshen yourself up and brush your teeth and dab on a coat of mascara, just to make yourself look like you just wake up like that every. single. morning? like you’re just naturally that perfect? yeah, well. i don’t go to quite that extreme, but brushing the teeth is a necessity. i digress.
05. where was i? what was my point? ah, yes. i remember now. this is the moment in the morning when i realise it’s GROUNDHOG DAY! only one of the most underrated and glorious holidays in the good ole’ U. S. of A. i honestly have noooo idea why it exists or when and where and why it originated, but i do know that we have it and it’s an awesome concept, and my brother now lives in pennsylvania so i need to remember to call him today. and then i remembered that on this beloved holiday, the movie “groundhog day” is sure to be on t.v.! so i then raced into the living room to record it to our dvr.
and that was my morning.
hubs and i are going on (our first!) pub crawl tonight with some friends from work. it’s a groundhog day pub crawl, no less. i only wish i owned a groundhog or at least a groundhog-esque stuffed animal, or something. alas, i do not. oh, well. we’ll improvise.